My doctor appointment went really well yesterday. There was only ONE little heartbeat in my belly, so I psyched myself up for the possibility of really having twins all for nothing. My new doctor seems great, everything looks good so far, I am quite relieved. And finally starting to feel a little better this week.
So today, I did it: I busted out the maternity clothes. I don't know what I was trying to prove by squeezing myself into my old clothes. Since they
barely fit before I took the pregnancy test! (I put on several stress-pounds when Mike lost his job last fall, then the holidays didn't help...leave it to me to get knocked up the same week I get motivated to lose the extra weight.) They fit okay most of the day, but in the afternoon (and for sure after dinner) - I was pretty uncomfortable.
barely fit before I took the pregnancy test! (I put on several stress-pounds when Mike lost his job last fall, then the holidays didn't help...leave it to me to get knocked up the same week I get motivated to lose the extra weight.) They fit okay most of the day, but in the afternoon (and for sure after dinner) - I was pretty uncomfortable.As far as pants, I have size 12 and 14 shorts and jeans (from the post-pregnancy weight loss process with the first two) that I could wear, but why? The maternity pants with the elastic bellies are SO much more comfortable. The problem was that my t-shirts weren't long enough to cover the belly bands and I looked a little silly flashing the two-tone material for the world to see.
I ran most of the short sleeved stuff through a quick wash and fluff cycle this morning and hung them all up, moving the smaller sizes aside for next year. As I was taking the clothes out of the dryer, I checked tags thinking, "THIS is a MEDIUM?" I tend to forget just HOW big I'm going to get. And as I put the non-maternity clothes away for "later," I got to thinking about how much later I'll be wearing them. I probably won't wear my favorite Buckle jeans next winter - if it takes 9 months to put on the weight, I certainly won't lose it in TWO months. This isn't Hollywood! So I won't get to walk around in those bad boys until winter 2010??? That seems so sad.
What also cracked me up was some of the little dribble stains on the maternity shirts. I am so clumsy when I'm pregnant. And nothing makes it to my lap, that's for sure.
So YEA for getting to be comfortable. Already, at 10 weeks! With my first, I tried staying in my regular clothes as long as possible. My, how things change after some experience.













9 comments:
Dude...I said screw the regular clothes right from the beginning with this pregnancy. I just didn't have it in me to try and be "stylish." I headed right for the comfy elastic maternity clothes and haven't looked back.
Now I am itching for a makeover cause being on bed rest doesn't do much for the sex appeal.
People should give pregnant women some slack. I mean . . . you're baking a human being in that oven! And truth be knownst . . . after I had my second one (almost 2.5 years ago), I was kind of sad to leave the maternity pants behind. They're the most comfortable jeans on the planet! So you have something to look forward to there. ; ) And maternity clothing is so much more stylish now adays!
Hope you are feeling well and God Bless!
P.S. You've been tagged and awarded over at my blog if you choose to accept. ; )
You can also check out the Bella Band! I've worn mine lots w/ regular work pants or jeans! But, the maternity pants definitely win out! :)
Katie, will you post the heartbeat rates as often as you get them? I know it's a old wives' tale, but the heartbeat for all three of my kiddos was foretelling of their sex.
No worries about switching to the elastics early! I did it too...and Noah was my first one! They do just feel better. I miss the comfiness now:( And I've been tempted on occasion to break them out just for kicks...LOL:) Glad things went well with your new doctor too!
I didn't wear maternity clothes until month SIX with my first - with my second? At EIGHT weeks I broke them out. They are soooo comfortable! I was so nostalgic for my maternity clothes the day I packed them up for my sister - It's like shopping, but not~!
With Henry (2nd child) I felt fat and pregnant a week BEFORE I took the test. Needless to say, once the stick confirmed it, I was wearing pg jeans because I couldn't stand it to wear regular jeans.
Now, I am a short girl and pregnancy #1 I gained 42 lb and #2 I gained 36 lbs. It was not pretty. I was this short round ball bouncing along.
Oh girl, comfy is THE way to go! :)
Oh, honey, I was so proud to be pregnant with Kiddo I was only 4 months (barely a bitty bump) wearing my maternity clothes. Go for the comfort!
Post a Comment