Kaylin's hair has been looking a little mullet-ish lately, so I decided I wanted to get it trimmed. After dropping Ryan off at his first day of school this morning, we went to a walk-in place in the strip mall near our house. Big mistake. I should have waited for my own booked-eight-weeks-out-for-a-reason hairstylist.
The lady who called our name was a bit of a ding bat. She didn't understand what I wanted AT ALL. I told her no bangs, I didn't want a true bob and certainly not a Dorothy Hamill 1970s cut, basically, I just wanted the ends trimmed and the little flip thing to be gone. Blank stare.I told her to change the part before cutting because the comb-over looking thing that I do is just to keep the longer hairs on the right side of her face inside the pony tail. She didn't change the part at all, even after I tried to mess with it, she then finished the cut with an uneven part. Whatever. I wish I could link to my friend Lisa's little girl's new 'do. That's really what got me thinking and her hair is exactly what I wanted.
It's shorter, sure, but the issues I had are not gone. I guess I'll just have to wait for it to grow out. I don't like it, but it's just hair. It will grow.
Not to mention that a KIDS cut is $11 now. -?!?!?- She felt guilty that she didn't do $11 worth of anything and only charged me $6. That made me feel a little better. And I thought enough to grab a few curls off the floor to stick in a baggie for her baby book. They were at least an inch long.
Kaylin did very well and sat very still.
But her favorite part was getting a sucker at the end.
We even drove by Daddy's office to show him her new cut the lollipop.













4 comments:
Well, the lollipop is always the best part. We talk about what color we will get on the way to get our haircut.
She looks like a cutie!
-- Brandi
what is up with the hair professionals this week??? annoying. She is so cute that honestly it wouldn't matter how her hair was cut..but pleaze...give me strength! I feel your pain! xoxoxo thanks for the sweet words about my hair pain!!
I say a $6 lollipop is better than Edward Scissorhands getting a hold of her adorable red hair. Sounds like it could have been much worse. Sorry it wasn't the perfect-first-haircut-experience for you, but I bet to Kaylin, it was. :)
My mom DID ask for the Dorothy Hamill haircut when I was little. I still haven't gotten over it.
I am really amazed that your daughter sat so still for that experience. I cut my own daughter's hair with interesting results.
Thanks for visiting us at the Green Baby Guide!
Post a Comment