I recently found a great blog post about 8 Genius Ideas for your Homeschool. The list was great, whether you homeschool or not. We already do a couple of the ideas, but I think we're going to incorporate the first one: "Home Ec Day".
It got me thinking about an idea of my own I came up with recently. I have so many great blog posts and articles pinned on my Pinterest board, but sometimes have trouble fitting in fun things like science experiments and craft projects.
So I've made my kids responsible for them.
Once a week, 10-year old Ryan looks through my "Weird Science" Pinterest Board and picks an experiment that he wants to do with the kids. He's in charge of preparing it and gathering the supplies. Then Kaylin, my 8-year old budding artist, is in charge of planning a craft for her brothers.
While Ryan or Kaylin is in charge, their siblings practice taking direction from them, listening to instructions, and showing them respect.
Now all I have to do is find something for Jason to be in charge of so he can have a sense of control in his little life!
(if you're interested in following me on Pinterest, click here)












1 comment:
Such an awesome idea!
Post a Comment