Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Before and After - My 20 Minute Makeover

Last week, my bloggy friend (Emily at Practical Paleo) posted a link to a gal who gives beautiful makeovers. The before and after pictures were amazing! I found myself daydreaming about what my "after" pictures would look like if this gal got her hands on my face.

You see, I don't get dolled up very often. Why would I? We spend most of our days at home and when we do leave the house, we are quickly running to the grocery store, the library or the gym. And I'm not one of those people who wears jewelry and makeup to the gym.

I put on makeup when Mike takes me on a date or when I have a Tastefully Simple party, but for the most part, I look like this:

Hot, right? I did not ugly myself up for that picture. It was taken by Kaylin on Sunday after I was done showering before church. I didn't wash my hair (I only wash it every few days. Don't judge!) and it was looking a little greasy. Instead of pulling it back into a pony tail, I decided to curl the ends. And put on foundation. And make sure my eye make up didn't look like Jason put it on me.

This was the result:

Seriously? These pictures were literally taken 20 minutes apart in the exact same spot in my bedroom. I changed my shirt (as I tend to do several times before leaving the house) but other than the quick hair and make up...WOW. I had no idea I should put myself together more often.

I've been a stay at home mom for nearly nine years. It takes me a loooong time to go through my makeup because I rarely wear it. And when I do decide to throw on make up, it's usually just on my eyes. I'm realizing that foundation makes a huge difference in the skin tone of my face.

No wonder my kids say, "Mommy, you look beautiful!" when I'm walking out the door for a party.  They're used to staring at the "before" picture all the time! Now if I could only figure out how to do the dramatic smokey-eye technique, I could really look like a rock star!
post signature

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love it! When I saw your picture on FB real quick my first thought was you had gone somewhere to get your make-up professionally done! I never used to wear much on my skin as far as foundation, cover up, etc, but am finding as I "age" it makes more and more of a difference.

Related Posts with Thumbnails