Saturday, May 4, 2013

#99 - Toss the schedule and sporadically be completely unproductive all day

Kaylin woke up yesterday feeling sick, so I accidentally accomplished the task of sporadic un-productivity on my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list. 

I woke up, dressed for the gym, then didn't leave the house until it was time to take Ryan to his last football game of the season at 5:30. The schoolroom was vacant. I didn't pack anyone for the Cub Scout campout this weekend. The kids watched The Prince of Egypt while I blogged. Ryan and Jason wrestled. Kaylin took a couple of naps. I may or may not have dozed off {twice} on the coach. Kaylin and I watched Matthew McConaughey on Guy's Big Bites on Food Network. (And he can cook!!! If he were a Christian and wore deodorant, he might be the perfect guy. Minor details.) 

We watched so much tv yesterday that the house didn't get messy because hardly any playing was done. 

Kaylin got out of her PJs around 4:30pm. With a little Ibprophen, her fever went away in time for Ryan's game. After the game, my mom came over and put the kids to bed while Mike and I sat down and talked for the first time all week. Our nights have been nuts lately and he had a busy week at work. 

Today was wonderfully lazy. I did a little laundry, but it was because Jason had an accident in his bed the night before, and it was nothing that felt truly productive. In fact, I had no desire to be productive at ALL, which is very unlike me. I honestly can't remember much about how the hours passed throughout the day.

And it was wonderful. 
 post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails