Monday - Bowties with Sausage and Broccoli (with a new Chicken and Apple sausage that they were sampling at Costco - holy YUM)
Tuesday - Skinny Chicken Enchiladas * with Healthy Krispie Treats *
Wednesday - Crock Pot Greek Chicken *
Thursday - Crock Pot Broccoli and Chicken Noodle Soup
Friday - Clean Eating Southwest Quinoa Salad * (note to self: make ahead and keep in fridge)
Saturday - leftovers with Santa Hat Pretzels
Sunday - Hosting a Christmas party for my amazing Tastefully Simple team...I'm making a few Tastefully Simple dinner recipes plus some Pinterest inspired Christmas fun:
- Christmas Tree Veggie Tray * (with one of our veggie dips, I'm sure)
- Buffalo Chicken Bites * (with our Bold Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip Mix)
- Santa Hat Brownies * (using our Truffle Fudge Brownies)
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes * (using our Classy Chocolate Pound Cake)
- Almond Toffee Bites *
- Peppermint Popcorn *
- Crock Pot Hot Cocoa *
- Healthy Apple Cider *
- labeling the food with these adorable Candy Cane Label Holders
* new recipes will be reviewed next week
New Recipe Review from last week:
- Beef Carnitas Tacos - Oh. My. So good, I reposted it on my blog. We will be making these again and again! 5 thumbs up from my fam.
- Parmesan Chicken - This was also very good. Not amazing, but definitely a new, different way to serve boring chicken in our house. I'd make it again for sure.
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice - A big hit with my family! We rarely add cheese to stuff, so having a warm, gooey version of our typical brown rice was a fun surprise at the table. Ryan was suspicious of the shredded zucchini pieces, but once he tried it, he realized they were tasteless because they were so small.
- Lasagna Soup - This was the biggest hit of the week! I need to play around with this recipe before reposting it because it was WAY too spicy for me and the kids, but that didn't stop us from going back for seconds. Ryan said his mouth felt like "1,000 volcanos were erupting" but he couldn't stop eating it. I felt the exact same way...the pain was SO worth it. I'm not sure if I bought sausage that was too spicy or if I need to replace the fire-roasted tomatoes next time, but this was OUTSTANDING. Everyone loved it!
- Clean Eating Chocolate Mug Cake - I've seen cake-box versions of mug cakes and wanted to try this "clean" version. It was fine, but I used as many ingredients to make five of them for all of us as I would have to make a whole cake, so this wasn't worth it for me. It was fairly dry and needed whipped cream on practically every bite.












1 comment:
just leave out the pepper flakes if you don't like heat or back it down to a pinch
fire roasted tomatoes don't have any additional spices
Post a Comment