Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Top 10 Gift Ideas: For the Pre-School Boy

I struggled with gift ideas this year for my kids, but now that I'm done shopping (and done giving suggestions to the grandparents) I feel the need to share my best-of ideas with those of you who might be at a loss for what your kids "need" this Christmas. (because, if you're like me, you know that they DON'T need anything and you want to avoid over-indulgence altogether) Other than socks , PJs and new underwear, I've come up with some items that will keep your children entertained for more than just a day or two.

Every day this week, I'll share my top picks for my kids, my husband and my own Favorite Things must-have list. Each picture will have a link to a description of the item, unless I feel the need to expand and describe further.  

Today, we'll focus on Jason, who just turned three - he's either getting the gifts below for Christmas or he already has them and loves them! This list will fit pre-school boys (and even girls) through early elementary school. In no particular order...
Chuck Flip the Bounceback Racer (remote control car that flips over itself and drives upside-down)
Magnetic Match Rings
Marble Run by MindWare
Lincoln Logs
Imaginets
Mighty Minds
Rainbow Pegs
Water Beads: These are intended to be for watering plants, but are an AWESOME sensory play tool.  All of my kids love them! You can buy them dehydrated and soak them in water, which is a fun task for the kids. These make great stocking stuffers!!!
Dress up clothes and costumes
An easel - this one from Melissa & Doug is the best!
It has a chalkboard on one side and a dry erase board on the other, plus you can pull paper down (from a roll) to paint or draw.
I'm a huge fan of all things Melissa and Doug. They're quiet toys that use some level of your child's imagination and NO batteries are required. These are some of Jason's favorites:
Melissa & Doug Beginner Pattern Blocks Puzzles
Melissa & Doug Take Along Tool Set
Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Dress-up Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Fishing Game
Stocking stuffer ideas: bubbles, lollipops, gum, crayons/markers, coloring books, Legos, Play Doh  and accessories, finger paints, matchbox cars.

Now it's your turn...what are some of your gift recommendations for pre-schoolers?
  post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails