Monday, November 26, 2012

Meal Plan - 11/26/12

My fridge overfloweth. This week's meal plan isn't even worth posting, except that I need to have it in writing for my own reference. We'll be eating lots of leftovers this week. Lots.

Monday - leftover Thanksgiving dinner
Tuesday - leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
Wednesday - leftover Chili 
Thursday - anything else that's leftover from the leftovers
Friday - Chicken, Cheese and Bean Quesadillas
Saturday - Giada's Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
Sunday - out to eat with Mike's parents

Dessert
Pioneer Woman's Monster Cookies
Pecan-Date Bars*

Review of last week's new recipes:
Chicken with Quinoa and Veggies - thumbs up from the whole family. I cut up the chicken and made this into more of a casserole-on-the-stove dish, but everyone ate it. Kaylin wasn't a fan of the feta, but she'll learn.
Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce - this should have been amazing, but I didn't make her pesto from scratch...I used my own, which wasn't saucy enough. I'll try it again using ALL of her instructions to give it a proper review.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup this was very good, but very coconut-y. The coconut milk was too strong for my family. We all ate it, but I won't make this again unless I substitute the milk.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Deep Dish Pie - if you're cutting sugar or flour out of your diet, you HAVE TO try this recipe. If you're used to full fat, full sugar, gooey chocolatey chip goodness from your cookies, the texture of this pie will probably bug you. But for my family and our guests that tasted it, it was devoured. Especially topped with full fat, full sugar ice cream.  :)

I didn't make the new cornbread recipe or the Beef Carnitas Tacos...those will have to wait for next week when I have more time and less leftovers in my fridge!
 post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails