Sunday, July 24, 2011

#9 - See the Grand Canyon

I am on a mission to get as many of the remaining 25 items done as I can from my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list.  With only 64 days, I'm actually scheduling them on my calendar, as well as dropping hints like, "I sure would like to go on a hot air balloon ride for my birthday..." to Mike.  Subtle?  Not really.  But I'm determined!

This weekend, two of my Tastefully Simple parties rescheduled, so I immediately suggested to Mike that we pack up the kids and drive to the Grand Canyon.  Thankfully, my mom agreed to take Jason overnight...I've heard the railings aren't much of a safety net for little ones!

The big kids were far more excited about staying in a hotel than seeing a huge hole in the ground. Everything from the room keys to the ice machine was an event for them.

And once we were at the Grand Canyon, every squirrel that caught their eye was the most fascinating creature imaginable.

But in the end, I think they actually did think it was pretty cool.  If I wasn't scared of them falling to their death, I would have allowed them to climb and explore more.  The restrictions were more than they could bear!

Overall, I'm very glad we went.  It was a great trip to take {just} with the big kids.  They got along famously, we all enjoyed each other's company, it was a nice little weekend getaway!
post signature

3 comments:

chandy said...

Wow, that was very spontaneous of you! Was that the first time you had been? Our Canyon trip is less than 2 months away and I'm getting very excited!

Mary said...

Your trip sounds like an awesome spontaneous getaway. How fun to be able to take just the older kids this time! Way to go crossing off yet another item.

Sheila said...

We just moved to Arizona (Prescott) and want to go to the Grand Canyon as soon as it's a little cooler. Would you recommend the place you stayed?

Related Posts with Thumbnails