When I was younger, I used to keep diaries and journals. As the only child of a Fortune 100 mother, I found myself alone a lot and felt the need to write what was on my mind when there was no one around to talk to.
Don't get me wrong...I loved, loved being an only child. I enjoyed the solitude. I preferred not having a sibling who would steal the remote or eat the last granola bar before I could get to it. I got to sit down and veg after school without anyone nagging at me to finish my homework before having free time. I have no complaints about my childhood. But I'm getting off the subject...
What I love about this little blog is that it's become a place for me to journal my thoughts, feelings and current struggles. Sure, I do it pretty publicly, but it is so great to be able to look back at past posts and see what was going on inside my head last year or the year before that. It's an online time capsule, if you will.
So, for those of you who don't feel like you have time to write in a journal or haven't yet started a personal blog, I'd like to ask you to reconsider. Not for me, but for YOU.
You can start a blog very easily and choose to keep it private or share it with a select group of friends and family. You may write in it daily, monthly or just a few times a year. It's very versatile. But the best part is that, years from now, you can look back at snapshots of your current life and see how you've grown. See how your children have grown. How your marriage has grown. How your thought processes have evolved and matured.
Don't get me wrong...I loved, loved being an only child. I enjoyed the solitude. I preferred not having a sibling who would steal the remote or eat the last granola bar before I could get to it. I got to sit down and veg after school without anyone nagging at me to finish my homework before having free time. I have no complaints about my childhood. But I'm getting off the subject...
What I love about this little blog is that it's become a place for me to journal my thoughts, feelings and current struggles. Sure, I do it pretty publicly, but it is so great to be able to look back at past posts and see what was going on inside my head last year or the year before that. It's an online time capsule, if you will.
So, for those of you who don't feel like you have time to write in a journal or haven't yet started a personal blog, I'd like to ask you to reconsider. Not for me, but for YOU.
You can start a blog very easily and choose to keep it private or share it with a select group of friends and family. You may write in it daily, monthly or just a few times a year. It's very versatile. But the best part is that, years from now, you can look back at snapshots of your current life and see how you've grown. See how your children have grown. How your marriage has grown. How your thought processes have evolved and matured.
It's really an incredible ability to have...peeking back inside your own mind, years later.
It doesn't need to be anything grand or fancy...it could purely be for your eyes only. Wouldn't that be an amazing gift to give your children, should something ever happen to you? Obviously we all hope that would never happen, but none of us know when God will call us home. (on that morbid note...)
What are you waiting for? Give it a try! And for those of you who have a blog, but rarely write on it...go write yourself a post. What's on your mind today?

It doesn't need to be anything grand or fancy...it could purely be for your eyes only. Wouldn't that be an amazing gift to give your children, should something ever happen to you? Obviously we all hope that would never happen, but none of us know when God will call us home. (on that morbid note...)
What are you waiting for? Give it a try! And for those of you who have a blog, but rarely write on it...go write yourself a post. What's on your mind today?














1 comment:
That is why I have my blog! I love looking back on it!
Post a Comment