April's Reign - always good for a laugh
The Good Deal Gal - a daughter's innocence turned naughty
I love embarrassing moments. I go through phases of being embarrassed easily and other phases where I'm the culprit, yelling at others to "STOP touching me THERE!" in the parking lot or writing "for sexual favors" in the subject line of checks to friends. But I've definitely had some embarrassing moments of my own.
One of my favorite embarrassing moment stories is the mom who was on her way to the OB/GYN. She grabbed a washcloth off the bathroom sink to quickly freshen up "down there." During her annual exam, her doctor said, "Wow, it's really snazzy down here" or something equally odd. She didn't know what he was talking about, until she got home and realized she'd grabbed a washcloth that her daughter had used to wash off her body glitter. And it was all over her hoo-ha.
Then there's the one where the lady bought a package of mini cookies at the airport. While waiting for her flight, she noticed the man next to her taking one of her cookies out of the bag sitting next to her. She stared at him blankly and took a cookie for herself. He smiled sweetly and took another cookie. Appalled, she grabbed a handful of cookies, shoving them into her mouth. He smiled again and took another cookie. She was furious, snatched the bag of cookies and stood in line to board her plane. Once in her seat, she was getting settled and reached into her purse to find a whole, unopened bag of mini cookies. The bag she snatched belonged to the gentleman sitting next to her.
This last story has to be the best. (...because I'm in love with Brad Pitt. Even after the Jennifer Anistan thing. I know, I know, save your comments. We all have our vices.)
There was a gal who went to Hollywood and wanted to go someplace where she could see a celebrity. Someone told her about a drug store where celebrities are often spotted, so she went in and walked around. Nothing. They had an ice cream counter, so she stood in line to get ice cream. After standing in line for a minute, she turned around and saw Brad Pitt standing behind her. She nodded respectfully (freaking out inside, as I would be) and turned back around, trying to be cool. She ordered her ice cream cone, nodded to Brad again, and exited the store. When she got outside, she couldn't find her ice cream. She was humiliated, but went back in to ask the guy behind the counter if she'd left it there. She had not. She was really confused, looking all over the place, when Brad Pitt walked up to her. She looked up at him as he said, "Are you looking for your ice cream cone?" She said, "Yes..." Then he said, "You put it in your purse."
What's your most embarrassing moment? Leave it in a comment or post it to your blog and add it to Mr. Linky below.












6 comments:
Well, it may not be my MOST embarassing moment, but it's right up there, so I linked up!
I needed those laughs today, Katie! Thank you for linking them! That pole dance/Home Depot picture was enough to make Diet Coke come out my nose!
I get embarressed when I snore at the beach ... The Beach Snooze
I laughed my fool head off this evening -- so thank you!
I noticed the button on the sidebar that you are doing the 101 Things to do in 1001 days - Good Luck to you on that. I started blogging because of that list. I've done a lot of things because of that list. I hope you love the journey as much as I have.
My husband would be so embarrassed if he knew I was sharing this... (we won't tell him, lol).
Anyway, when my daughter was 2.5 she was walking down the hallway and caught a glimpse of daddy going pee (with the door wide open!). She was stretching her neck to see, curious how he was going to the bathroom standing up, she asked, "What's that?" He was a little embarrassed and replied, "Ummm, that's my pee-pee." She was so serious (and concerned, I think) that she replied, "You got a mushroom on your pee-pee?"
Hahhahha haaaa. His fault for leaving the bathroom door open. :)
roflol! that ob/gyn one was hilarious! my friend went to her annual and the docotr told her "wow you got all snazzy for me" i would die lol
Just happened Fri. night - I asked a woman when her baby was due - she quickly darted back "I'm NOT pregnant!" I was so totally sure she was cuz I had even eyed her a min before asking, sure she was 8 mos. along. I even replied "stop it!" after she said she wasn't... seriously thinking she was messing with me! She was ringing up my shoes at the time... I just wanted to disappear into thin air. Poof.
Post a Comment