Is anyone else REALLY excited about turkey tomorrow? I look forward to this indulgence all year long.
I usually throw out some random, useless facts to discuss around your holiday table, but I thought I'd do something a little different this year. I just came across this great list of ways to express your thankfulness this Thanksgiving season.
Because if you practice a thankful attitude, you will have a more cheerful heart. And if you complain less, you will be more content. So look inside of yourself this weekend and focus on the blessings in your life.
Some suggestions for helping your family have a heart of gratitude:
- After your Thanksgiving meal, go around the table listening to each person say what they're thankful for from the past year. To take this a step farther, record what everyone says in a notebook and keep a log each year.
- Create a "thankful tree" or a "thankful turkey" and add either leaves or feathers made from construction paper with things written that you're thankful for.
- If you're hosting the Thanksgiving meal, provide disposable containers for your guests to take home leftovers.
- Read Psalm 100 in unison
- Give your kids money on Thanksgiving Day and instruct them to help someone else in the name of Jesus and tell the family what they did on Christmas Eve.
I usually throw out some random, useless facts to discuss around your holiday table, but I thought I'd do something a little different this year. I just came across this great list of ways to express your thankfulness this Thanksgiving season.
Because if you practice a thankful attitude, you will have a more cheerful heart. And if you complain less, you will be more content. So look inside of yourself this weekend and focus on the blessings in your life.
Some suggestions for helping your family have a heart of gratitude:
- After your Thanksgiving meal, go around the table listening to each person say what they're thankful for from the past year. To take this a step farther, record what everyone says in a notebook and keep a log each year.
- Create a "thankful tree" or a "thankful turkey" and add either leaves or feathers made from construction paper with things written that you're thankful for.
- If you're hosting the Thanksgiving meal, provide disposable containers for your guests to take home leftovers.
- Read Psalm 100 in unison
- Give your kids money on Thanksgiving Day and instruct them to help someone else in the name of Jesus and tell the family what they did on Christmas Eve.
If you have other fun ideas, leave a comment and share them with us!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment