I've always been a fan of meal planning, but never wanted to take the time to develop a plan to do it. As organized as I am, it completely intimidated me. I tried "winging it" a few times and never got past the 2 week mark. I am proud to announce that I have been successfully pre-planning our meals 1-2 weeks in advance for over 2 months!! I haven't mastered the whole tying-it-into-our-budget thing, but it's been a LONG time since I've looked at the clock at 5:00 thinking, "Oh man, what should I make tonight?" I feel much more organized and I haven't made a last minute trip to the store for 1-2 items in a quite a while. And I've been throwing away much less rotten veggies that I didn't use in time. So essencially, I'm saving money, right?
I figured it out as I went, but I just found a great post on another mom's blog with the basic how-to's of Meal Planning 101. The post also has a few links to other meal planning tips. Check it out!
And the post I just wrote about Money Saving Mom, she has $35 and $40 meals (for a week) on her blog. Hopefully that will help me tie my meal planning into the budget a little better. (and I just discovered that she's from KC too...cyber high fives for KC!!!)












No comments:
Post a Comment