This is so sad. SO PATHETIC.
While I was pregnant with Jason (you know…my kid who just turned 5…) the stucco on the outside of our house was torn off and replaced because of a builder defect. I remember laying in bed, trying to take one of those, "I'm so pregnant that all I want to do is sleep" naps while a team of men pounded away on the other side of the wall of my bed. I hid under a pillow - it was a good thing - when suddenly the frame from around the border of my over-the-bed decor began falling down. On top of me.
I decided to do a thicker frame…after Jason was born. Now here we are, 5 years later, and I just finally got around to finishing this project. It just hasn't been a priority, to be honest. No matter how simple it seemed.
This was the 2009 "done" picture…
A couple of weeks ago, our pastor at church was talking about laziness and how even though everyone is so "busy" these days, often we don't get around to the things that are most important. Or the little things on our to do list that don't seem important, but weigh us down.
This project was one of those things for me.
That day, I bought two 8' pieces of baseboard to replace the frame. That next week, I had my friend's husband cut it for me and took several trips back and forth to Lowe's and Home Depot getting the right adhesive for this never-ending project.
Then today, Mike and I were ready to put the frame up. But, sure enough, I was sloppy with my measurements for the friend who cut the baseboards for me and there was about a 1/2 inch of green showing outside of the frame. (*sigh*)
So I taped it off and painted it. Then let it dry.
I was determined to get this stupid thing done TO-DAY. Mike eventually hung the frame, but where I originally placed the 12x12 foam squares wasn't centered, so the top part of the frame left no green border to be seen. That had to be moved. No problem, because I used the amazing Command Damage-Free Hanging Strips. I pre-planned for mistakes!
And finally…FINALLY…I think this project is totally complete. I'm not going to comment about the fact that I think the white is too light against the tan wall because it's done. DONE. I could mess around with the centering of the squares a little more, but I'm sick of trying to make it perfect. It's done. For now.
(plus, I want to eventually paint our bedroom…)
#2 on my list of 101 Goals in 1001 Days is complete! I'm just going to have to live with it!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment