On Sunday, Ryan helped me make a gazillion freezer meals using some Tastefully Simple recipes with leftover product samples I had lying around. The new catalog has an awesome freezer meal collection that has me longing to spend a couple of hours every other weekend filling my freezer with ready-to-cook meals.
Before buying the kit from the catalog, I used some sale ground beef and chicken to prepare some recipes that I already had on hand.
Having a freezer full of Ziplock bags is one thing, but when I'm in a hurry, sometimes I don't have time to thaw a giant blob of ice before throwing it into a pan. Then I remembered an idea I saw years ago.
![]() |
| This is about half of the meals Ryan and I made. And Ryan begged to be in the picture since he helped! |
I grabbed the pans that I planned to use for the meatloaf and casseroles, pressed the unfrozen blob into the shape of the pan, and froze each IN the Ziplock IN the pan until it was firm. Then I popped the bag out of the pan, returned the bagged meal to the freezer and washed the pan so I can use it in the meantime.
The crockpot meals were left to freeze in a giant blob form, but the grill meals were frozen flat and the oven meals were frozen in their intended-to-be-cooked-in pans. I felt like a genius for remembering that tip! My freezer is now full of ready-to-cook dinners and I won't have to cook for weeks!!!

The crockpot meals were left to freeze in a giant blob form, but the grill meals were frozen flat and the oven meals were frozen in their intended-to-be-cooked-in pans. I felt like a genius for remembering that tip! My freezer is now full of ready-to-cook dinners and I won't have to cook for weeks!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment