Last week's new recipes were a hit! Mike LOVED the Vegetarian Tamale Pie. I accidentally left it in the oven too long, so the cornbread was a bit overdone for my taste, but Mike raved over it, regardless. TWO THUMBS UP from him and THUMB IN THE MIDDLE for the kids. They're not fans of anything with tomatoes, so take their rating with a grain of salt.
The Quinoa Waldorf Salad was the other new recipe. I've had quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah") in the pantry for weeks, wondering how to incorporate this wonderful item into our lives. This was a great introduction! We ate it next to sandwiches at lunch and I've snacked on it mid-day. I will definitely make this again. (PS - Any quinoa recipes you have and love would be very appreciated!!!)
I haven't made the Southwestern Chicken and Bean Pasta in months. When I first made it, everyone loved it. Mike and I thought it tasted like the pasta version of a Chipotle bowl. But the last few times we've eaten it, everyone's been unimpressed. I don't know if I did something differently or what, but I think we're moving on from one of our old go-to dinner recipes.
This week's menu:
Monday - Chicken on the grill with corn on the cob and brown rice
Tuesday - leftover White Chicken Chili
Wednesday - Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot with steamed broccoli and brown rice (then make chicken stock in the crock pot overnight)
Thursday - Sloppy Joes with Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges (*new*)
Friday -Chicken Stir Fry
Saturday - Rice, Bean and Cheese Casserole with tortilla chips
Sunday - Chicken Noodle Soup
Treats:
Rice Krispies Trail Mix
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sweet Persimmon and Toasted Walnut Bread (*new*)












2 comments:
I just bought some Quinoa last week while at Costco. I have been wanting to try it forever.
My friend is a vegetarian and they make it quite a bit and told me to check out this site for recipes:
http://www.quinoa.net/181.html
She said the lasagna quinoa is pretty tasty.
Can't wait to try this quinoa waldorf salad. Sounds yummy!
If you have a Betty Crocker Cookbook there is a fantastic recipe for quinoa primavera that everyone in my family loves, especially my 11mth old!
Post a Comment