Happy days are here again! I haven't scored this much free stuff in months. Fry's (Kroger affiliate) has a quadruple coupon deal this week (totaling up to a maximum of $1 per coupon) PLUS they're accepting competitor's coupons. Several of the deals resulted in free items, plus overage. Because they quadrupled my $.25 paper towel coupons and they were on sale for $.88, they paid me $.12 per roll to leave the store with them!
.
To see all of the sales + coupon deals that I used, click here. I'm SO glad I keep up with Good Deal Gal's blog. She lives in Arizona, so no local deals ever miss her blog. I highly recommend finding a local deal blogger in your city/state who lists all of the sales and coupon links for you. What a blessing! Before looking at her list, I literally only had ONE thing on my grocery list for Fry's. (shows how much I pay attention when I do it myself...)
.
You can also use these competitor coupons (through 9/8) to save even more:
$2/$5 purchase of meat (I saw this after my grocery trip - oh well!)
$5/$25 total purchase from AJs (expires 9/7)
.
So here's what I bought for $23.15. I saved $75 and that's not even including the savings from some of the manager's special items that I picked up.
Most of these items were on sale and I had a coupon, but several items only had one or the other. I needed to buy ingredients to make Lasagna Roll Ups for our vacation this weekend, plus I bought marshmallows to make Rice Krispie Treats for dessert and found a loaf of bread on the day-old bread rack to go along with the meal. I also found plain, organic yogurt on manager's special to mix in with the Dannon (it's packed with sugar).
.
Just last night, I was talking to a friend about the time she thought she wasted clipping coupons and shopping for sales. I'm in the habit of going through the ads and clipping my coupons for 1-2 hours every Wednesday...that's it! Seeing a savings of $75 ($35 of that was coupons), the time I spend is completely justified.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Over 75% Savings at Fry's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












5 comments:
OH how I miss triple coupons! WHY, oh why did Kroger stop doing that? Sigh...oh well, I got 9 boxes of cereal this week for $1 a box anyway. We will be eating Cheerios till the cows come home. LOL!
You did good, girl!
You really work it, Katie! You're also really good at not letting things go to waste. I heard on the news this week that the average American wastes 15% of their grocery bill by throwing away what they don't use, over-cooking, spoiled produce, etc. When I grow up I wanna be so much more like you. :-)
Thanks, Katie! You did AWESOME! I never thought to mix some of my "good" yogurt in with the cheap, sugary stuff. You're so smart! :)
YEAH for you! I have not gone yet, but will before the sale is over. how many sets of coupons do you get? Also- no more standing on chairs for pictures- you're pregnant :) (at least I'm guessing that's how you got the shot- HA)
@Erin - I get my MIL's leftover coupons, so I always get one set, sometimes two if they buy an extra paper. She seems to get P&G inserts in the paper and in the mail, so I often have lots of duplicates of P&G coupons.
Post a Comment