I had plans tonight, so Mike took the kids by himself to the baptism of one of his co-workers. When I got home, he couldn't wait to tell me all about the "bath-tism." I thought it was a misunderstanding of how we pronounced the word "baptism," but
after he said it correctly a few times in a row, he said, "But wait - I thought it was BATH-tism because it was kind of like she was taking a bath..."
My kid is the cutest. (and very literal!)













8 comments:
I love how kids think! So logical! :)
That is precious!
Ha! Whenever we read the story about Jesus getting baptized, Elliot always asks if he needed to wash his hair.
Well, duh?? Why DON'T we call it bath-tism??? Too funny. :)
That is so cute! Just leave it to kids to figure stuff out!!
Jen
http://www.100DaystoChristmas.com
I have to disagree with you on this one...your kids are cute, but MY kids are the cutest! :)
The Maid
PS - And we have heard "bath-tized" around here for years...as well as other literalisms...doesn't that just crack you up?
Like when my son asked us to pass the "Farmer John" cheese at the dinner table.
I think it was Parmesean, but whatever!
These are always so fun to remember.
Oh how similar our little men can be. We're roused from our sleep every day by LC's 'Mommy? I fall awake.'
The more we hear it, the more normal and logical it's sounding. And why not? If you can fall asleep, surely you can fall awake!
Seriously, I think ourkids can teach us more than we teach them.
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment