Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blog addicted

Is there a 12 step program for blog addictions? I'm kidding...I'm not addicted. I enjoy posting when I feel the need to get things off my chest or show off pictures of my kids. But the other day, I felt addicted when I wasted spent 2 hours surfing other blogs. Some of my friends' blogs have links to people they don't know, but who entertain them or educate them or that they find inspiring. As I followed some of these links, I found a lot (and I mean a LOT) of stay at home, homeschooling moms with lots of kids. One lady had just had her 12th kid. Now when does she find time to BLOG?!?!?!

I'm also finding that people advertise on their blogs to make extra cash. Nothing new for regular websites, but blogs? I actually found a Christian mom who had an advertisement for the upcoming release on DVD of The Golden Compass. Hmmm...someone needs to screen her ads! Although I'm always interested in ways to make extra cash, advertising may not be for me and my blog. I have disabled the option for search engines to find me because frankly, I have way too much personal information on here and I don't need crazies finding my family and stalking my kids. If they find me from clicking around on links from friends (like I did this particular day) that's fine with me. But I don't want someone typing in "blog addicted" into Google and seeing my site pop up because I posted about it. Ya know?

What got me started was this one girl whose title bar looked like a scrapbook page. How did she do that??!?!? I followed a link that I thought was an advertisement to learn how to make fun, creative stuff on your blogpage, but instead I found another random person who had a link to a resource for a Mom's Bloggers Club (which I had to join to learn more about and I still don't "get" it). Backing up to the original friend's blog, I clicked on a link that lead me to a couple of great organizationing blogs (here and here), then I found the Pioneer Woman and Rocks in my Drier, both of which are all over the place...people seem to love them. I also became reacquainted with a hilarious mom who sold a package of Pokemon cards on eBay with the most relatable grocery store story EVER. You have to check out the story, if not her blog. It's laugh outloud funny. Another site I check sometimes that a friend introduced me to is Slave to Target. Okay, I AM starting to sound obsessed.

So above is a list of bloggers to check out if you get bored some Saturday evening after the kids are in bed and your husband passes out at 8pm after golfing all day with his dad and brother and your not tired enough to go to sleep and there's nothing on t.v. and your not feeling inspired to scrapbook. M-kay? These sites that I like to read are on my bloglines list, so I don't have to actually go to the link to see if they've posted anything new. (Am I starting to sound defensive, like I'm trying TOO hard to justify that I'm not an addict?) It's genius, that bloglines! If you have any other fun blogs to share, feel free to post a comment.

2 comments:

April said...

i just voted on your poll. Guess what option I chose??

And I definitly think you and Becky need blog rehab. But of course not me. No way. I do not have a problem. Uh-uh. No siree Bob. Did you read Your Beard is Good yet? I bust out laughing reading his. Which is not very convenient when you are trying to be sneaky reading blogs at work. And then I have to cover with a lie and go "Oh those crazy guys on CNBC just crack me up! Ah, that Cramer! What a nut!"

The Maid said...

Alright Ape...hahahaha...leave me out of your rehab program.
I am doing just fine...oh, and in case you haven't noticed...I don't spend near the time blogging that you do...I mean just look at the number of posts I've done vs. you you crack head.

LOL And Katie...I have spent those kind of days...where I found some really great creative blogs and forgot to save it and now I couldn't find them again if I tried...so...I will just stick with my tiny little blogroll. :)

Thanks for the movie passes!
Becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails