For a variety of reasons (that I will go into later), we are trying to have a gluten-free week. This is not something I'm excited about, but I'm desperately hoping for some positive results. And a week might not be enough, but it's where we're starting for now. I'll let you know how it goes.
I found a great post on how to go gluten-free that has been extremely helpful. I got many of these recipes from the Once a Month Mom blog's gluten/dairy free monthly meal plan lists. All of these are new recipes, and, although I have a light week ahead, I may or may not feel ambitious enough to tackle a new recipe each night. The idea of all of these recipes is to make them ahead and freeze them, but I'm just thinking of this NOW, on Sunday night. Bummer! At least I have my standby flourless recipes for Chili and Chicken Stir Fry that I can go to, if needed.
I have no idea what I'll pack for Mike's lunches (he has a sandwich every. single. day.) so anyone with a recommendation or two, please share!!! I like some of these Lettuce Wrap suggestions, but I'm not sure Mike will go for it. The poor guy is barely on board as it is. :)
Monday - Minestrone Soup
Tuesday - Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Wednesday - Honey Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa Confetti Salad
Thursday - Chicken and Rice Casserole or Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
Friday - Crock Pot Cube Steaks with potatoes and veggies
Saturday - Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Veggies
Sunday - Savory Marinaded Chicken on the grill with Santa Fe Style Quinoa Salad
Desserts (I might make one, I might make 'em all...because I'm giving up flour, not sugar!)












5 comments:
We went gluten/dairy free in January for a variety of reasons. Main reason was weight. Happy to say I have lost 30 pounds and now maintaining, and my husband has lost 28. My kids eczema has cleared up and are better behaved. We also replaced sugar with stevia, agave or honey in everything except lemonade. I was thrilled to see you pinning gluten free recipes on Pinterest. Hope this works out for you!
Go big. Go paleo :)
I'm curious to hear your reasons for doing eliminating gluten. This past year we have eaten paleo style, I don't know if you know I began a new blog about it or not. We used to eat sandwiches all the time, too, so that was an adjustment. We just eat more meat, veggies, and good fats, now.
These are good (and manly).
http://www.health-bent.com/snacks/paleo-italian-sub-roll-up
Good luck!
My mom, sister and I all went Gluten free. A friend has an awesome blog you should check out and just published a gluten free cookbook. The pecan pie bars are AMAZING!!
http://www.kumquatblog.com/
Not eating bread won't always feel so weird for Mike. After just a couple days, it was totally normal for us to have veggie dippers, lettuce wraps, soup, etc. One thing we both really enjoy is 'salad in tomatoes', as in tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, etc. Instead of bread, hollow out and stuff a tomato. Or just scoop with raw carrots, celery, peppers, etc.
It will become your new normal, and you won't even miss it anymore. And if you DO, well, the occasional piece of toast with your fried eggs never hurt anyone. Just have one instead of two, and fill up with other stuff.
Enjoy gluten-free. You'll feel lighter! And even if you end up only reducing my 90% and still having the very occasional bite to make 10%, you'll feel lighter as well. It's win-win!
Do you remember Larisa (Paris) Balderrama from Crossroads? She has a gluten free blog: http://glutenfreechow.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment