The only way I have to answer questions that I'm asked in the comments is to do these little Q&A Wednesday segments. So SORRY for those of you who don't care about these answers! I do my best to answer most of the questions I'm asked, so if you have a question, ask away!
In response to my recent Grand Canyon post, Chandy asked, "Wow, that was very spontaneous of you! Was that the first time you had been? Our Canyon trip is less than 2 months away and I'm getting very excited!"
Yup, first time. Isn't that pathetic? People come from all over the world to see this amazing sight and I've lived 4 hours away for 13 years and have never made the trek up there. That's why it was on my 101 goals list...as an Arizona resident, it had to be done!
Sheila asked, "We just moved to Arizona (Prescott) and want to go to the Grand Canyon as soon as it's a little cooler. Would you recommend the place you stayed?"
Because we didn't leave until after Ryan's basketball game Saturday, we stayed in Flagstaff that night and drove the rest of the way to the Grand Canyon on Sunday morning. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, so no. I wouldn't recommend the place we stayed. In fact, it was a source of discussion all weekend. I tried not to complain about the frayed bath towels, near-flooding toilet or tiny holes in the sheets, but Mike sees a hotel as a place to sleep. Period. So a 2.5 hotel is fine in his book! It was an $87 hotel with free breakfast for the four of us, so he was thrilled. I, on the other hand, had a nightmare about someone busting through the door and kidnapping Kaylin. No joke. I think Mike might have realized during this trip that I wasn't being snooty about it, but that I actually felt unsafe.
Bottom line: no. I wouldn't recommend our hotel. I'm not sure what your standards are, but a 2.5 star rating is officially too low for me!
In response to my recent Grand Canyon post, Chandy asked, "Wow, that was very spontaneous of you! Was that the first time you had been? Our Canyon trip is less than 2 months away and I'm getting very excited!"
Yup, first time. Isn't that pathetic? People come from all over the world to see this amazing sight and I've lived 4 hours away for 13 years and have never made the trek up there. That's why it was on my 101 goals list...as an Arizona resident, it had to be done!
Sheila asked, "We just moved to Arizona (Prescott) and want to go to the Grand Canyon as soon as it's a little cooler. Would you recommend the place you stayed?"
Because we didn't leave until after Ryan's basketball game Saturday, we stayed in Flagstaff that night and drove the rest of the way to the Grand Canyon on Sunday morning. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, so no. I wouldn't recommend the place we stayed. In fact, it was a source of discussion all weekend. I tried not to complain about the frayed bath towels, near-flooding toilet or tiny holes in the sheets, but Mike sees a hotel as a place to sleep. Period. So a 2.5 hotel is fine in his book! It was an $87 hotel with free breakfast for the four of us, so he was thrilled. I, on the other hand, had a nightmare about someone busting through the door and kidnapping Kaylin. No joke. I think Mike might have realized during this trip that I wasn't being snooty about it, but that I actually felt unsafe.
Bottom line: no. I wouldn't recommend our hotel. I'm not sure what your standards are, but a 2.5 star rating is officially too low for me!













2 comments:
:) Okay - thanks!
Delurking for this! :)
I went to the Grand Canyon five years ago, and for anyone looking to stay in the park, I stayed at Yavapai Lodge which was only about a half mile walk from the rim. There was wildlife in the parking lot and a cafe on the property. It wasn't super fancy or anything, but it was perfect for sleep and location.
I love the Grand Canyon. Can't wait to go back someday.
Post a Comment