Sunday, June 26, 2011

Easy "Almost Whole Wheat" Crepes


4 beaten eggs
3 cups milk
.5 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cup flour
2 Tbsp canola oil
.25 tsp salt

Whisk all ingredients together well.  Heat 1-2 lightly greased skillets (6-inch work best).  Pour 1/4 cup batter into each skillet, tilting the skillet to spread the batter into a circle.  Cook until the edges are set and the middle is mostly cooked.  Flip and cook 30-45 seconds\ longer.  Crepes stack well and usually keep warm. 

Fill with fresh fruit, chocolate chips, butter and powdered sugar, honey, Nutella...the options are endless.

Yields 18-20 crepes.  And yes, my family eats all of them and still asks for more.  We're pigs!
post signature

4 comments:

cybil said...

sounds yummy!
will perhaps make apple pancakes this week!

Mary said...

Crepes sound awesome this morning. Unfortunately, I already started pancakes, so I'll have to settle. I think I'll put crepes on my meal plan for next week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks delicious - super way to start the day!
Mary

Suzanne said...

How do these compare to your Whole Wheat Crepes from 2009? I've been on a bit of a crepes bing the past few months and make them every Sat. morning!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails