
I make this recipe so often that I have to include it on my own blog with my minor modifications. I originally saw the recipe here and they're so easy to make and flash freeze individually instead of making a whole lasagna...I love it!
.
Filling:
1/2 pound ground beef or ground turkey, cooked with grease drained
6 T. Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
3 c. ricotta cheese (I use low fat or part-skim)
1 c. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1 - 12 oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese (I use part skim)
3 whole eggs + 2 egg whites (or 4 whole eggs)
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. Italian seasoning
(+ additional mozzarella to sprinkle on top for baking)
.
Cook and drain 1 box of lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Lay noodles individually on a flat surface and spread 3 heaping teaspoons of filling mixture on each noodle. Starting from one end, slowly roll the noodle.
.
To freeze: Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Place roll ups on the waxed paper about an inch apart. Freeze completely before storing in a Ziplock bag. No need to defrost before baking...grab the number of roll ups you want to feed your family and cook as directed below.
.
To cook: Place roll ups side-by-side into a casserole dish. Cover with marinara sauce and sprinkle with additional mozzarella and/or Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake on 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil and brown cheese an additional 5-10 minutes.












4 comments:
Oh. My. Word. I am so hungry right now and that DIDN'T HELP! I am so making these next week.
Word verification: verri - "Katie's post made me verri hungry."
Don't you just LOVE these. My Mom made me a huge batch last week when she is here and I am so thankful for these in a pinch! Especially now with a new baby to take up my time!
HAHAHAHA! I'm laughing at my own comment! :D
I love the idea of freezing individual lasagna roll ups.
Post a Comment