This week's meal plan revolves around lots of leftovers from last night's Christmas party. I ended up doing a baked potato bar with lots of toppings including two different chilis and several cheesy, bacon-y dip mixes from Tastefully Simple.
Monday - Leftover Baked Potato Bar with salad
Tuesday - Ravioli with beer bread
Wednesday - Chili with Cornbread with Cranberries and Pecans
Thursday - Quinoa Soup (I can't find the link to this - I found a bag of it in the freezer. It's a mystery soup!)
Friday - Healthy Cream of Potato Soup (seriously, we have a lot of leftover baked potatoes!)
Saturday - Chicken on the Grill, rice and veggies
Sunday - leftovers
New Recipe Review from last week:
- Skinny Chicken Enchiladas - YUM! A lovely, lower calorie/fat version of an old time favorite. All of us loved these except one of the kids at any given time. Kaylin didn't love them the first night and Jason wouldn't eat it when we ate them as leftovers.
- Crock Pot Greek Chicken - This was fine...nothing amazing, just fine. I can't remember what I served it with (maybe rice and veggies?) but the flavor wasn't very strong. We all added salt and it still tasted like it was missing "something". Probably oil or butter?
- Almond Toffee Bites - Oh. My. Goodness. These little bites of heaven were DELICIOUS and can never be made in my home again or I might eat my weight in toffee. Again. I made one batch with pecans and milk chocolate then a second one with almonds and semi-sweet chocolate. The pecans were a much softer nut to bite into and the milk chocolate was much less intense, so we preferred the pecan variation for sure. Next time, I might attempt to make little clusters and turn them into turtles. Oh wait - didn't I say I wasn't allowed to make these ever again!??!!
- Buffalo Chicken Bites - This was a party winner for sure. Cream cheese, chicken and wing sauce inside of a crescent-like roll? No brainer.
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes - Unusually easy to assemble and absolutely adorable. So fun - I highly recommend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!