Thursday, November 14, 2013

Neat Freak Rule #61: Go to Bed With a Clean Kitchen

I'm mentioned this several times before, but I'm happier when my kitchen is clean. Maybe it's because it's the center of our home. Maybe it's because I'm in there making meals and snacks 5-6 times each day. Maybe it's because I hate trying to cook with cluttered counters. Maybe it's because I'm neurotic and I need to seek professional help. 

Who knows the real reason! But one thing is for sure: if I wake up to a sink full of dishes or leftover rice all over the floor, it starts my morning on the wrong foot. In a bad way.

So it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a key ingredient to a pleasant morning. If I spend a few extra minutes cleaning up the kitchen before heading upstairs for bed at night, I'm setting myself up for success in the morning. 

The beautiful thing is that everyone generally helps put the kitchen back together after dinner: the kids clear and wipe off the table, Mike and Ryan load the dishwasher, I pack away leftovers, Jason vacuums under the table, Kaylin puts away stray toys and shoes. Does it happen 100% of the time? Absolutely not. But the evenings when the kitchen is neat and tidy make for much happier mornings. 

And then it is destroyed again at the next meal.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your work, the post is really helpful. It’s some pretty great info, I appreciate the information you provided is excellent post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!