Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Out of the Habit of Writing

Does anyone miss me? I mean, I've kind of been around.  You all know what I'm feeding my family for dinner, if nothing else, right? 

I feel like I haven't been truly writing in weeks.  Yes, I've written posts, but during my March Spring Cleaning Challenge, I didn't want to disrupt the flow of each day's tasks, so I accidentally got out of the habit of writing my sporadic thoughts, feelings and ideas on my little corner of the cyber world.  I have narrated some posts through pictures this month, but I kind of feel like that's a cop out.  I honestly think I'm out of the habit of brain dumping on all of you fine folks!

Over the last week or two, I've started several posts, but haven't had time to finish them.  Or maybe I'm just not making them a priority...?  Hmmmm.

Actually, while we're on the subject, I'm ready to come clean and admit that I've been cheating on you. Sorta.  My free time is suddenly pulled in a different direction.  For those who check my picture of the day blog, you may have caught on to what I'm about to share.  Something I never thought I would do.  Sure, I thought I might work part time once all of my kids were in school, but attempting something like this was never, ever on my radar.

I've started selling Tastefully Simple. I used to be the girl who needed to be talked into hosting at-home parties, now I'm the one selling the stuff.  Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day.

Yes, this is going to be a {quick} shameless plug for my new business.  But I blog about my life and I have to share this because I'm truly having fun.  A lot of fun.  And I'm making money in the process, which really helps put Mike's mind at ease. I have the best of both worlds: I can have a flexible schedule while conversing with other grown ups as I earn an easy paycheck for products that sell themselves.  I basically get paid to party.  How great is that?

So here's my plug for those who have never heard of Tastefully Simple. (neither had I until I was invited to a party in February): Tastefully Simple sells convenient, easy to prepare foods that have little (or no) preservatives, artificially colors/flavors and MSG. Each product only requires 1 or 2 other ingredients to prepare, so they allow you more time with your family and help keep you out of the drive thru.

The food is delicious, will ship right to your door and the company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  What I do as a consultant is facilitate "taste testing parties" where we sample a bunch of the products from the catalog - the host invites the guests and I supply to food.  That's what first had me hooked.  I thought, "Wait...I can have a party and she'll bring all the food?  Sold!" 

But as I heard more about it, I realized that the low cost of the Business Blast Off Kit and the low risk of becoming a consultant (if I failed miserably, I could eat my display...I mean, it's FOOD after all!) made it worth checking out.  And once Mike picked apart the details, did the whole cost analysis, blah blah blah, I jumped in with both feet.

SO.  If anyone out there would like to try out these products by placing an order or, better yet, host a party where I supply the munchies, please let me know! It would be my pleasure to assist you. (insert cheesy grin here)  Or if you're not local and just want to try our mouth-watering beer bread or perfect-for-summer slushy drink buckets, feel free to check out the online catalog on my website.

That's all I'm going to say about that.  I don't want to bore you with this aspect of my life, but it's new and fun and exciting and I felt like I was keeping something from you by not sharing it for the last several weeks.  Now that all of my cards are out on the table, we will resume our regularly scheduled blog post topics. And hopefully I'll get my blogging groove back because I've genuinely missed writing! 

Stay tuned, I have a few {finally finished} posts lined up over the next week...
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new venture! I sold Pampered Chef for three years and loved it. I hope you will love what you do! I will have to go check out the website.

    Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!