I'm over at The Happy Housewife today giving tips on How to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier Foods. Head on over and check it out. And if you're visiting from The Happy Housewife, welcome! Feel free to leave a comment to introduce yourself - I'd love to "meet" you!

Good post. More and more we seem to confirm to each other that we're two peas in a pod .... no wonder we've been in each other's back pockets for so long! :-)
ReplyDeleteLC is finally eating everything we serve (down to large chunks of roasted veggies, salads, etc) because we gave in to playing a little game. He loves to 'Cheers!' with everything, so we play Tomato Cheers, Broccoli Cheers, Avocado Cheers, etc. Then we see who can get it to their mouths and eat it faster. He's so engrossed in the idea of 'winning' that he (almost) forgets what it is that he shoves in his mouth. And since we have the rule that he only needs to try one bite of everything on his plate, it doesn't drag dinner out very long because we're not requiring he eat everything, or counting X number of bites, etc. One munch of every type of thing, and then he's done.
And no, we don't like the idea of playing games to get him to eat, but I highly doubt a month or two at the age of (barely) four will scar him for life. It makes something that can be quite a scary ordeal for some kids a much smoother (and more playful, enjoyable) transition for all.
Hi. I loved your post and bookmarked a couple of the recipes to try at home. I'm really just a beginning cook with a pretty laid back kid, I'm going to use the sneaky tricks on my husband! A little squash never hurt anyone... esp. if he doesn't notice.
ReplyDeleteAdding your feed shortly...
thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have to say, I LOVE your recipes. I like adding pureed veggies (and beans) to our dishes ... even as adults, so we eat more veggies :)
ReplyDeleteLoved your post! So right. At our house, it's "You eat what's served, or you don't eat." Generally, they eat. ;-)
ReplyDelete