* Let's see how far I can get without having to re-boot. My computer has been terrible lately! I have no idea what's going on, but the issue is either with Explorer or my PC memory. I get kicked out of the Internet at least twice a day. Incredibly frustrating. Any suggestions???
* Can I quickly say how much more difficult it is to be a kinder, gentler wife and mother when I'm PMSing??? I keep hoping my period would just start already so the zits will fade (I have one in my arm pit - what's that about???), I'll be less hormonal and my crazy attitude will disappear. I seriously had thoughts this morning such as, "Why do my kids talk so much? Why can't people just stop talking? What's with the stupid questions about the cartoon? If I hear, 'Mommy? Hey Mommy?' one more time, I swear..." then 20 minutes later I was tossing Kaylin around and loving life. Psych. O.
* I haven't documented the thing that I love hearing almost more than "I love you" from Kaylin: "I so sited!" She says that with raised eyebrows and a huge smile and sometimes wiggles her shoulders. Today I took her to a pottery painting place to paint a piggy bank and she told me how "sited" she was several times. Of course, she was also "sited" to go to Target afterward...she's a low-maintenance kid. She loved the 5-pack of bracelets that I bought her from the $1 bins at Target even more than the piggy bank.
* Speaking of, I'M so "sited" that The Office is back on t.v. tonight! I am completely addicted to that dumb show. Love it. Laugh out loud, jaw-dropping funny. Anyone with me?
* An update to my recent photo printing post: Money Saving Mom just posted about a deal with Shutterfly that if you sign up with them, you get 50 free 4x6 prints, plus free shipping, plus a free photo collage. And she mentioned another new site that's offering 50 free 4x6 prints when you sign up. It's called PhotoMama. You have to pay shipping, but their regular priced prints are 8 cents, so it's worth checking out.
* One other update: for now, I think I figured out my cleaning dilemma. My new-ish neighbor friend suggested that we utilize each other to trade babysitting favors on a weekly basis. BTW, she's the same neighbor who cooks for me every other Thursday and on opposite Thursdays, I double the recipe I'm cooking and bring it to her family at 5:30, hot and ready to eat. It's a sweet deal! Anyway, every other Monday, she will start bringing her kids to my house for 2 hours in the morning and opposite weeks I bring my kids over to her house. This week was my week. I have to say that I work well against the clock, so as soon as I came home, I started cleaning like a madwoman. You'd have thought the Queen was coming for tea. I was a scrubbing, wiping, cleaning machine...I think I'll reserve this time once a month for a deep clean of the house and the opposite weeks do something relaxing that I can't (or won't) do with the kids around. Like scrapbook. I'm getting used to this swapping concept!
* Where did September go? I think our short vacation made this month seem short. The weather is getting a bit cooler in the mornings and Mike's parents gifted us with a security door that's getting installed Monday. (For everyone outside of AZ...it's the same as a screen door. But metal. Yeah, I don't get it either, I just enjoy the cross-breeze in my house in the fall!) I'm busting out the fall decorations this afternoon. I think the kids will get a kick out of helping with that.
On that note, I hear the pitter patter of little feet, so I should log off now. I only had to re-boot once. Woo hoo! A semi-successful Internet experience! (how pathetic...)
I love reading your blog. It's so informational and fun to read! And I've added some of your cool widgets to my blog. Your such a great blogging example and a great example of a REAL, godly woman.
ReplyDeleteWe had the same issues with our computer, so I feel your pain. Ours would re-boot when I tried to open a picture, when I turned on the printer, you name it. But we don't have that problem anymore. All's FANTASTIC in the computing world, and the solution was oh-so-simple.
ReplyDeleteWe got a Mac.
Seriously, all problems have totally vanished. If you want to know more about it, I'll have my darling husband email you all the research and reasons into his decision (helped greatly by an IT friend at work). I never thought I'd convert, but I'm a believer now!
xoxoxoxoxo
PS - Macs are also BRILLIANT for creative things like pictures, videos, etc. That's half the reason we got it, because they're about a thousand times more user-friendly for parental-bragging through photo and video!
I know what you mean about the hormones. I was a month late and last weekend before the "custom of women" was FINALLY upon me I know that everyone...EVERYONE I came in contact with wanted to shoot me and put me (and themselves) out of my misery. I directed the choir Sunday morning and I was a drill sergeant! Hopefully I'm better now! I think I am...it remains to be seen if everyone else thinks so. : )
ReplyDelete