We've been continuing on with our Color of the Day theme and I wanted to post some more pictures of my cute, colorful family.


.JPG)
.JPG)
Today is the last of the colors: Brown Day. We had french toast with whole wheat bread for breakfast, tan dinosaur nuggets for lunch and we're having a golden brown chicken pot pie for dinner. There isn't much brown in my kids' summer wardrobes, but I pulled out a little pink and brown pants outfit for Kaylin and found a plaid shirt for Ryan. I'll probably make something chocolate for dessert...you know...in honor of brown day. Not because I'm PMSing. At all.


Tuesday was Yellow Day. We ate Joe's O's (Trader Joe's Cheerios) with bananas for breakfast and used yellow cups and bowls. We incorporated cheese and scrambled eggs into the day, too.
Wednesday was Purple Day. (Thank you Katie Porter for telling me that KSU was playing! I forgot that you read my blog...HI!!! Miss you!) As pathetic as it sounds, Ryan doesn't have anything purple. For shame! So he wore the most purple shirt he has, which was really more blue. And Kaylin's shirt was light lavender, but still purple. I had an off brand of Chex cereal in the pantry to make Monkey Munch, so we ate that for breakfast with a side of grape juice in purple cups. I planned to make eggplant with dinner, but we had tons of leftovers to get rid of, so I copped out and we ate leftovers.
Thursday and yesterday were both White Day. Thursday is the day I run the mom's group at church and I wasn't paying attention during breakfast or lunch, so I thought the kids got jipped and I decided to repeat white again yesterday. We did have popcorn on Thursday and pasta for dinner.
But yesterday, we ate hard boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, quesadillas with flour tortillas and plain (white) yogurt for lunch, Mike and the kids made homemade vanilla ice cream for his dad's birthday dinner last night plus we had a side of potatoes with dinner and ranch dressing on our side salad. So lots of white ideas.
Today is the last of the colors: Brown Day. We had french toast with whole wheat bread for breakfast, tan dinosaur nuggets for lunch and we're having a golden brown chicken pot pie for dinner. There isn't much brown in my kids' summer wardrobes, but I pulled out a little pink and brown pants outfit for Kaylin and found a plaid shirt for Ryan. I'll probably make something chocolate for dessert...you know...in honor of brown day. Not because I'm PMSing. At all.
Friday, I tried doing Black Day, but Kaylin doesn't own a stitch of black. And other than licorice, there aren't many black foods - well, unless you're a bad cook and burn stuff! I did buy Oreos to bring to a Girl's Night last night and the kids enjoyed a couple of those, so they are black, I guess. But for Kaylin, Friday was pink day. Ryan and I wore black, she wore pink. Again, Ryan doesn't have pink, blah blah blah. We had pink-ish pancakes for breakfast and strawberries with lunch. (yeah, I know, they're red - but we don't do strawberry yogurt around here)
This has been a fun exercise, but Kaylin isn't much closer to knowing her colors. So I guess we'll have to do all of this stuff again and again until she gets it. I don't mind - it brought variety to each day!

You are so diligent with this learning experience! I think I would have given up (being too tired to figure out clothing options, not to mention enough food choices!) after, like, day three. : )
ReplyDeleteOkay, I am so tired just reading your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a supermom...when are you having number three?
:) The Maid
Colored yogurt ..... Throw plain yogurt and whatever fruit you want in a blender, and call it done. That's how we have fruit yogurt here. All the taste, none of the fake crap.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Rainbow Life!
You come up with the most creative ideas! This is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteWhen I grow up I want to be just like you.
Black Beans!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for learning the colors!
ReplyDeleteyea for you....this is SO fun!
ReplyDeleteYeah for me on KSU! Ryan needs his mommy to go to varney's online and get him and his sister matching shirts!
ReplyDeleteWhat a kewl idea?
ReplyDeleteoh I thought you might like this blog post http://www.5minutesformom.com/ on CPR
What a fun idea. I love it and will probably steal it for when my kids get a little older :). Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI would keep working on brown... lots and lots of brownies... lol!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to work on colors, she will get it eventually!
Toni