When I added this item to my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list last year, I fully intended for the "small pet" to be a gerbil or hamster or guinea pig. But Mike doesn't seem to want to add a small rodent to our household just yet.
Instead, Ryan bought himself a Beta fish. We'd had it for a month or two, then suddenly, Bluebell the fish died. Ryan was devastated, to say the least. He sobbed! I'm not sure if he was mad that he wasted his money or if he was actually attached to this fish.
Mike promised to buy him a new one so he didn't have to spend his money again. For some reason, Ryan decided to use more of his money to buy the new fish a friend: Freddie the Frog. Then Kaylin used her money to buy her own Beta fish to keep in her room.
Unfortunately, Ryan's frog died after just a couple of weeks, so he bought another Beta and a split tank so he could keep two of them "together" in his room. It occurred to me that I hadn't posted about this when Ryan was changing the water in Kaylin's fish the other day.
This is Kaylin's fish, Bubbles. One of Ryan's fish is named Fisher and the other one still doesn't have a name. After two weeks, he still just calls him "the other fish". Boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!