That's the kind of girl I am. I'm a giver.
Ingredients
2 Cups (300g) Moist Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
2 Cups (280g) Raw Cashew Nuts
½ Cup (60g) Raw Almond (without skin)
¾ Cup (75g) Cocoa Powder
A Pinch Of Sea Salt
½ Cup (40g) Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (I omitted - not a fan)
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 to 3 Tbsp Cold Water
Equipment: Food Processor
11 ½ x 4 ½ inches (29 x 12 cm) Loaf pan, lined with aluminum foil
Directions
Combine chopped dates, cashews, almonds, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse and process all the ingredients together until the texture is coarse. Then add the shredded coconut, a quick pulse, and add the vanilla extract, a little water at a time until it reaches a dry but moist dough consistency. Scrape the dough mixture into the lined pan, press evenly with a rubber spatula, and chill for about an hour before serving.
These sound great! How many bars does this make? Any nutritional info? And how do you store them?
ReplyDeleteXOX
Mom
(can you tell I'm making up for a week in WiFi-free rural England and catching up on all my web-based correspondence???)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds very similar to something my Paleo-diet girlfriend and her family eat a lot. Trouble is, I despise dates. Do you suppose pitted prunes would work as well? Maybe I'll experiment a little my own this weekend.
So you're making them again because you really liked them? Do you have any left for me to try? I'm curious! But if you have one handy... :)
ReplyDelete