![]() |
| Kaylin picked me out a green cast...it matches absolutely nothing in my closet! |
Below is just a short list of tasks that are much more difficult (not impossible, but definitely more challenging) to do without the assistance of a non-dominant hand.
It is no longer easy for me to...
- Type
- Zip zippers or fasten buttons
- Put on deodorant
- Properly wash my hands
- Blow my nose
- Ring out a wash cloth
- Clasp a bra
- Pull my hair back
- Hang a shirt back on the hanger when I change my mind about what I'm wearing
- Take out the contact in my right eye because my nose is in the way
- Put the cap back on the toothpaste
- Clap when my oldest son gets baptized
- Tie my youngest son's shoes
- Curl my daughters hair
- Braid my daughters hair
- Pull my daughters hair into a pony tail
- Braid my daughters hair
- Pull my daughters hair into a pony tail
- Hold a book to read (ironically, now that I have time)
- Turn sharp corners quickly in my vehicle
- Make a 20 point turn when people park too close to me in a parallel spot
- Make a 20 point turn when people park too close to me in a parallel spot
- Wash dishes by hand
- Fold towels
- Fold PJs
- Fold laundry of any kind
- Fold towels
- Fold PJs
- Fold laundry of any kind
- Chop vegetables for my salad
- Cut up meat for my kids
- Lift a large package of anything into my cart at Costco
- Fill produce bags without the contents rolling out
- Put a twist tie on said produce bag
- Shave my good-arm armpit
- Pop a zit (I haven't had to do that yet but that thought occurred to me today)
- Put on a Band Aid
- Put on a Band Aid
- Change my sons sheet after he wets the bed
- Open jars, bottles, or things without a flip-cap top
- Open packages of any kind
- Open packages of any kind
- Close storage bags and containers
- Change the toilet paper roll
- Gather dinner ingredients in my arms in one trip like Rachel Ray
I'm considering becoming a hippie. Bra-less, no-frills hair, no shaving my pits, lack of deodorant, skirts and dresses all the time...now if I could just learn how to play the acoustic guitar one-handed, I'd lead us all in a few 60s tunes.
Don't get me wrong - I am grateful my right wrist wasn't affected. I can write, drive, flip pancakes, and wipe my own bum without assistance. I'm trying to find positives in the little things!
I'll begin writing more uplifting posts soon, but for now, I'm enjoying wallowing in self-pity. Feel free to laugh at my inabilities...someday, I'm sure I'll join you.

Praise Jesus you can wipe your own bum. Ahahahaha!!!! But really, so sorry about your wrist :(
ReplyDeletewait - you hang your shirt up immediately on a hanger the moment you change your mind about what you're wearing? You don't toss it over the bench in your closet for a later and unhurried date to hang?
ReplyDeleteThere - laugh at the seven tops this two-wristed girl currently has over a bench in my closet.
Heal quick!