Tuesday, May 19, 2009

#49 - Learn to use Photoshop

IDIDIT! IDIDIT! IDIDIT!

I just successfully created my first file in Photoshop Elements 6.0. I am SERIOUSLY celebrating! I have wanted this program for years, finally got it for Christmas but didn't have enough room on our computer to upload it, got a new computer and uploaded it and the dumb program didn't come with an instruction manual! I pleaded for help from fellow Photoshop users and everyone suggested I take a class. (perfect - because I have just been dying to spend more money in this economy...)

But, just moments ago, I found this step-by-step guide to how to get smaller pictures combined into a 4x6 size. It's JUST what I needed to get started with this overwhelming program. (The picture below is actually 2 vertical pictures combined into one...I done good, huh? It almost looks like the kids are sitting directly next to each other.)

Just to make sure I actually knew what I was doing, I created this collage without the instructions...

It will be a long time before I truly "get" Photoshop, I'm sure, but hey - I created. On my own. I am officially crossing this item off of my 101 Goals in 1001 Days!

2 comments:

  1. Funny because I bought 7.0 for Christmas and haven't had a chance to read up on how to use it. Last week, I finally bought a book so I can dog ear pages and have a reference to go back to. However, I still haven't had time to read the book. Sometimes, it's tough being a mom, huh? Glad to hear that you have figured some things out. I guess my day will come soon. You did a great job on the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl. I got photoshop 2 years ago and about all I can do is upload my pics to it and make a pic black and white. I am totally overwhelmed by the thickness of the manual.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!