Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Children's Building

The new, long awaited children's building at our church is almost complete. The 3-6 year old kids are currently in a giant casino-looking tent that has tons of partitions to separate the groups into "classes" - and each one is bursting at the seems. I'm sure they'll be glad to get a real building with real walls and lots of room to move around.

Before they lay the carpet next week, our pastor invited the congregation to take markers and write on the concrete foundation. Prayers, scripture, whatever we wanted. It was a really neat concept and I happened to have the camera in the diaper bag, so I got some pictures! I thought I was all cool and figured out which side of the building Ryan's new class would be in, but I must have forgotten that he had a birthday because I just realized that we wrote on the foundation in the 3 year old rooms. Oh well...the thought was there!

Ryan wrote his name and Kaylin colored a picture. (and before I get questions, yes, it looks like Ryan is going to be left handed) I wrote out Proverbs 22:6 (Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it) and Mike wrote John 14:6. I mockingly asked if he was sure that was a good verse and he said, "I think it's 'I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.'" Then I had him doubting himself. So I looked it up and read a totally different passage that was something completely random about Jesus saying, "Whatever you are about to do, do it quickly." I know, I'm mean. He sat there for a minute, thinking, then said, "Are you serious?" I'm not usually the practical joker, so I thought I was pretty creative and got a good laugh out of that one.






3 comments:

  1. We did the same thing for our Go Center. We had our 5th grade through high school off campus at various places during the week and it's SO nice to have everyone back on the same property! And so special knowing the foundation is COVERED in God's word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to services yesterday and I wrote the same verse from Proverbs. It was so fun! Even Kaiden seemed to enjoy himself!
    I'll be posting our pictures tomorrow...
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!