I got this idea from this post and it really got me thinking. Looking back, I had a pretty level head at 20 (no excessive debt, I didn't drink, and it was around that time that I finally started attending my classes at Kansas State and bringing up my grades), but I've grown an awful lot since then. **I scanned a picture of "1996 Katie"
for your amusement viewing pleasure. Oh, to have that natural hair color again...
So what would you tell your 20-year-old self if you could go back in time? I'm really curious...I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Don't be shy! I want everyone to join in on the fun. Here are mine:
1. Stop letting your ex-boyfriend back into your life. He's not worth your time and good news -you won't be the last person you know to get married.
2. Buy a car already...by leasing you're just throwing your money away every month. Someday you'll enjoy not having a car payment!
3. Quit eating cereal and Pasta Roni for dinner. Make a real meal - you're not doing yourself any favors. And wear clothes that fit you...I don't care if "baggy is in," you look frumpy.
So what would you tell your 20-year-old self if you could go back in time? I'm really curious...I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Don't be shy! I want everyone to join in on the fun. Here are mine:
1. Stop letting your ex-boyfriend back into your life. He's not worth your time and good news -you won't be the last person you know to get married.
2. Buy a car already...by leasing you're just throwing your money away every month. Someday you'll enjoy not having a car payment!
3. Quit eating cereal and Pasta Roni for dinner. Make a real meal - you're not doing yourself any favors. And wear clothes that fit you...I don't care if "baggy is in," you look frumpy.

Check out the blonde hair with bangs! Were you a fellow Kelly Taylor fan too?
ReplyDeleteI'd tell myself: don't go straight to work after you graduate college. Even if you have to put some travel debt on a credit card because you're broke, it will be worth it.
Great post. I would tell myself to travel Europe alone and see the world. Once you get married and have kids you may never get the chance.
ReplyDeleteHi Katie!
ReplyDeleteYou have the greatest ideas! Very thought provoking! :o) I am with you on the ex-boyfriend and the baggy clothes! :o) I actually ate well, it was the culture I lived in. I should have jumped ahead a lot further in my career though. If nothing else, for my own satisfaction of a job well done. I did well, but I look back and see how I could have done so much better! This of course is 16 years after leaving the work force to care for my family. :o)
I would tell myself to stop worrying about getting a man. God's got it taken care of! I would also tell myself that debt is from Satan himself. And I would tell myself to lose 20 lbs now or you'll be paying for it 18 years from now! : )
ReplyDelete