Ryan rode several over and over, but the mini-rollar coaster he went on only once. He thought it was fun at first, then on the dips, he looked terrified, then fun, then terrified, then I-want-to-be-having-fun, terrified, is-this-almost-over, terrified, get-me-off-this-thing-I'm-freaking-out, terrified, near-tears-trying-really-hard-not-to-cry, terrified...so when the operator heard me shout, "Itsalmostoverbuddy!" really fast as he went zipping by, he asked if he should let him off. Wasn't that nice? Ryan seemed relieved. He said he thought he was going to fall out and get hurt...probably because he was in the front of the Dragon Wagon. See how happy he was before the thing started moving?
Friday, May 2, 2008
Enchanted Island
The great part about planning the calendar for my 2 Hour Time Out moms group at church, is that when I get recommendations for fun places to take the kids, I get to try them out! (if this were a paid position, and not a ministry, I might get to do that for free, but I get to go to these places, regardless) Today Mike took the day off and we went to Enchanted Island at Encanto Park. What a fun amusement park for little kids! There was a train, a carousal, bumper boats, tons of stuff. Check out some of these tot sized rides... .JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
I think Kaylin's getting more teeth because she's been taking crazy long naps this week, has a runny nose, keeps sticking her entire hand in her mouth and made this face ALL DAY..JPG)
.JPG)
Although adorable, she doesn't generally keep her lips closed that tightly. When she wasn't smiling on a ride, she was gnawing on her bottom lip. She was very quiet all morning, except when she did not want to go on a ride. (helicopter photo below).JPG)
.JPG)
I wanna play. What sucks about being old is that Enchanted Island for me is more like a room at the Pointe...with no kids..no husband, and a really long nap.
ReplyDelete:)