Friday, January 25, 2008

DeBeer's Diamond Class Action Suit

I read on a friend's blog this week that if you purchased a diamond between 1994-2006, you could be entitle to a part of a class action suit payout. (I love that I have friends who read the paper!!!)

Here's a quote from the article: "De Beers, world's largest supplier, agrees to pay $295 million for controlling market for 14 years. Customers who bought a De Beers gem between Jan. 1, 1994, and March 31, 2006, have until May 19 to submit a claim to the settlement's administrator to get money back. Customers will need a receipt but won't have to give up any gems. How much anyone receives in the settlement will depend on the value of diamonds purchased and the number of claims filed. Go to https://diamondsclassaction.com/ for more info!"

Click here to file a claim. For some odd reason, I actually still have my receipt and appraisal info for my wedding ring, but it had a different diamond dealer's name on it. As I read through the terms of the suit, apparently, it doesn't matter if you actually purchased a DeBeer's diamond or not. They're paying out to anyone who purchased a diamond because they monopolized the industry during that time. (I think!) Anyway, check it out and if you have info about your diamond purchase, you may as well file a claim. What's the harm? If you don't get any money back, you're right back to where you are now...with nothing. Filing online took me less than 10 minutes. Payouts could be in the hundreds, so give it a shot. I realize by telling everyone about this, my claim amount will be reduced, but we have to help each other out, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!