Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter crafts

I'm trying to get creative with Ryan and do some fun, Christmas-y, winter-y crafts this month. Here are a few ideas to whet your parental pallet:

Of course, there's the chain links to count down the days until Christmas. I didn't have enough red and green construction paper, so I had him color typing paper with a red marker and other paper with green and cut it into strips. (A little ghetto, but it did the job and we're throwing the strips away each day anyway, right?)













Yesterday, Ryan asked if we could make a snowman for Daddy. It was raining like mad (I was in heaven) and it seemed he thought it might snow. Poor, snow-deprived kid! I got creative and made up a craft with mini-marshmallows, a toothpick and some chocolate sprinkles. We made our whole family; Me, Ryan, Kaylin and Daddy. Ryan was very specific about who was who.










Someone suggested this one to me a few months back, but I don't think I really get it. It's a reindeer...handprints for the antlers and a footprint for the face. Ryan's foot is so big that it looks more like a moose, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to draw something on there to make it look more reindeer-like or what. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. You wanna know my favorite part about this? The marshmallow snowmen. You wanna know WHY?

    Because every time I have a bite of something sugary, this little voice in my head says 'Katie's so much better than you about this. Why can't you be more like her?'

    Now that I know you have mini marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles in your house ON DEMAND, I don't feel nearly so guilty. I think I'll go tell that annoying b*tch in my head to stuff herself. :-)

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh sweet friend, I am so sorry that I forgot to inform you and your voice that I'm totally sugar addicted again. You've had no reason to envy me for at least 6 weeks. My first girls weekend away began the downfall, then Halloween, then the church retreat, then I was PMSing, then came Thanksgiving...I've attempted to detox from sugar several times but have been unsuccessful, so put the voice on standby until 2008.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!