Monday, April 11, 2011

Crafty Idea: Memorial Bear

A sweet friend of mine, Brooke, shared an awesome idea with me.  When her father died, her grandmother took his shirts and created these amazing keepsake bears and patchwork pillows for the kids and grandkids.

Now, I can barely sew a button, but I'd imagine these wouldn't be too cumbersome to recreate - if you can work a sewing machine, that is!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I did the same thing for darling husband....but it was a freakin' huge DUVET COVER made of un-cooperative t-shirts. I love my man dearly, but I am never doing that again!

    Well, maybe never. It did turn out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. And with duvet covers, I don't have to be perfect with the measurements. Impressive to the eye and easy on the brain....those are my kinds of crafts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, my darling husband isn't dead. Guess I wasn't too clear about that. No, there's no earth-shattering news that you're missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest idea! I wish I had some of Momma's favorite clothes to do that with. Kiddo would have absolutely ADORED that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. That is a really sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!