Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My week

My computer is in a coma. My first clue that something was wrong was when the screen went blank at the same time I smelled something burning. And I wasn't cooking at the time. This was me: "Um, Honey? When the computer is burning...do you think there could be a problem?"

I've been promised that our data is unharmed (specifically my pictures, which haven't been backed up since August...Jason's whole life would have been erased) but we're waiting on a new motherboard. The motherboard has a hole in it. A hole. Doesn't that sound scary? We'll be paying $100 for a little piece of plastic that's less than 2 inches square.

So here I am on Mike's laptop, no access to my photos, contacts or calender. Thank goodness Ryan's school called with an automated message telling me that there was no school today...without my calendar, I'm lost! And I really, really miss using a NORMAL mouse.

With all this free time on my hands (without my go-to activity of wasting time on the computer) I have begun to declutter my house. In the process of purging, I've decided to have an "Everything's $1" yard sale on Friday. Whatever doesn't sell will be donated, but I selfishly thought I might be able to make a few extra bucks to put toward a future girl's weekend before making multiple trips to Good Will. (Yes, I realize I could call someone for a pick up, but I really want everything out of here. Hence, my impulsive Friday yard sale.)

I am truly amazed at how much junk I have gathered up from the nooks and crannies of my home. Things I don't use or love. Things taking up precious space. Hanging around for a "what if" moment in time that never seems to come. Things that someone else might be able to use or love. Or resell for a higher price. I really don't care...I just want this stuff gone!

After complaining earlier this week of getting easily distracted, I'm doing much better. But, being the fool that I am, instead of staying status-quo, I added another project onto my plate. "Whew! I'm so relieved that I'm not feeling overwhelmed anymore. I know! I'll tear apart the house, make giant piles all over the place that will get in everyone's way and organize a yard sale that will occur in five days." Do you ever feel like a complete idiot? Maybe I'll change my tune on Friday afternoon when I have a pocket full of cash and empty rooms.

On another note, my sweet blog friend, Emily, linked up to a great tutorial on how to make a free blog header without using Photoshop. Check it out here. Super easy, whether you have a blog or not! You can even make a collage, save it as a .jpg, print it and frame it.

Also, I'm thrilled that so many of you enjoyed my first Friday Rerun the other day. This week's will be a rerun on parenting. Talk about lazy blogging!

I think that's it from me. Nothing else to say for now. This post was pretty random...I must have needed a brain dump!
post signature

4 comments:

HeathahLee said...

Well, I hope you do well at your yard sale! We are in a bad need of having one. We have so much junk that needs GONE. And I just can't donate it...we need what little money that might bring in...for the same reason you do...a weekend away for ME! :D

Nikki said...

The money and clean space always makes a yard sale worth it, even if it is a few days of chaos before. I hope it goes well for you. I hope you sell out.

Teresa said...

I'd LOVE to do a yard sale and love your idea for all $1 items...saves lots of time considering pricing everything. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Really, EVERYthing's $1? I so wish I could come by and see how you do it. Maybe you can help me when I have mine next month?

I love the way my sister, Cheri does garage sales. Gathers and organizes stuff, puts out the signs, opens the door and sells - pricing comes right off the top of her head. Sick of doing the sale? Drag it inside and close up shop. Easy peasy!

Good luck, Honey - hope you make a couple of hundred dollars!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails