Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pillow Talk

Last night was a long one for me. I'm entering the exhausted-yet-can't-sleep-at-night insomnia phase of my pregnancy, so it took me over an hour to fall asleep. Then at 3am, Kaylin was screaming. Super Mommy raced into the room to be told, "I have a booger!" Seriously? I fell back asleep around 4:30 after that little episode.

So when I felt a hand creeping over to my side of the sheets at 6:30am, I was not amused. This was the conversation that followed:

Me: "Don't even think about it. I'm exhausted."
Mike: "What - I can't touch my wife?"
Me: "No. I may puke on you."
Mike: "Oh stop. It's not like that."
Me: "Ha! I don't believe you."
Mike: "Promise."
Me: "Consider yourself warned: my stomach is really queasy."
(I felt my shirt moving)
Me: "Okay, let me clarify - you can touch me, but you can't grab my boob."
Mike: "I'm not going to grab your boob." (yeah, right - "...anymore...")
Me: "So where exactly is your hand headed?"
Mike: "Your stomach."
Me: "Uh huh..."
Mike: "I can't touch my pregnant wife's stomach?"

And that was it. The first time Mike has showed interest in Baby #3. Up until this point, there have been so many dollar signs clouding his vision, I think it's been hard for him to enjoy this little surprise of ours. But now that the insurance thing is settled and he's been researching minivans (realizing that we can get a used van for a reasonable price, especially after selling my car) - the financial drama in is head is vanishing.

I'm glad he's starting to get excited. It was getting a bit lonely enjoying this pregnancy all by myself!

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, I laughed out loud and read it to my husband. It so sounds like me 2 months ago - especially the "I may puke on you" part! His response when I read what you wrote out loud to him was "I can relate to that!" - he was also refering to the seeing dollar signs part, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was too funny! glad he is getting excited i always forget how much pressure is on our hubbies to provide for there families and i guess it does get stressful at times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Mike...he can't even cop a feel without you blogging about it. LOL
    :)

    Don't listen to me...I have handcuffs.

    :) The Maid

    PS - All financial trouble...momentary light affliction...and children...a gift! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have three children as well, with the last one being a surprise. The money part is stressful but we can't imagine life without our third child. I am glad your husband is getting excited about your pregnancy!

    I have nominated you for an award, though you are not required to participate, I just appreciate getting to read your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written this exchange almost verbatim! At least I know my hubby is in "good" company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this post is very real and true and am glad that you decided to blog about it. I am also happy that Mike is less stressed and that he can enjoy the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You offensive woman, you. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and you are a woman after my own heart! Thank you for your authenticity. I have been searching for more of "us" out there, but unfortunately there aren't many! :) Come stop by my site, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!