I had another record breaking grocery trip this week. I saved 86% on my total bill at Fry's. To spell it out for you, I saved $86.61 and spent $14.77. There were so many free deals with sales and coupons, it was nuts. I also saved $30 just in coupons off my $81 bill at Walmart, which never happens to me because Walmart doesn't double coupons.
So, just to entice more of you to come down the road to coupon savings with me, here are the freebies I got:
a box of Kashi granola bars
2 cans of Ro-tel diced tomatoes
2 cans of Hormel chili
2 boxes of Kleenex
2 bottles of Ken's salad dressing
1 package of Kraft cheese singles
5 bags of corn - Green Giant Steamers
1 bottle of French's mustard
1 bag of Quaker rice cakes
4 packages of 4 rolls of Cottonelle toilet paper
3 packages of Kotex pantiliners
3 Hallmark cards (at CVS)
Things I got for $.50-$1:
3 packages of Kraft cheese singles
6 (yes, six) boxes of Cheerios
1 box of Rice Krispies
1 bag of marshmallows (only $.25 - for Krispie treats, of course!)
3 Quaker oatmeals
6 (yes, six) more boxes of Kashi granola bars
1 jar of Kraft mayo
2 boxes of Fiber One bars
2 more boxes of Kleenex
You'll notice I got a ton of cereal, granola bars, cheese, kids soap, Kleenex and toilet paper, right? These are things that won't go bad. (well, the cheese will, but not too soon) My philosophy is: when it's on super sale and you can get it cheap or free, why not? Especially if it's something we'll use up; I am careful not to over-buy. (like 40 boxes of cereal *ahem* ANDREA...)
Seriously, people...if you haven't started clipping coupons, please do! Even though we eat very little processed food, I still get great deals. And I don't have to buy Cocoa Puffs and Rice-a-Roni to do it. I'm buying real, healthy food or household items and saving cold, hard cash. Does anyone else get a HIGH from saving like I do?!?!?

Could I possibly be the one you are referring to??? I can't help myself. I actually just opened my last box of Fiber One bars from the last time they went on sale and I got 10 of them. When you have a coupon and they turn out to be free, I can't help myself!! And, they make great snacks for when I am at the kids school for 3 hours. Anyways, I think your savings are awesome and I will try to practice SOME restraint. :)
ReplyDeleteYou go Andrea! 40 boxes of cereal is nothing around here...10 people in the family...dude that is an entire box of granola bars in one snack! :)
ReplyDeleteI will put my grocery score on my blog later today! ;)
I did awesome at Safeway (never happens)...and just saved 89% on my grocery bill at Frys! Over $80.00 worth of stuff for a mere $9.00! ;)
Woohoo! Yes, Katie it is a high!
Happy Shopping all!
i want you to post how you go about doing this? i've got to start being better and more frugal at our food spending...........share your secrets!
ReplyDelete