Friday, January 23, 2009

Links to Freebies

Okay, friends...I've had many requests for the "how to's" of my grocery geek ways, so I thought I'd link to some current freebies.

But first, I explained my process of clipping coupons and planning my grocery trips in this post. If you don't know where to start with the overwhelming task of coupons, grocery lists and meal planning, read that whole post.

Here are some of the free things you can get right now. Realize that you DO need to print coupons that are linked to the post and bring them with you to get these deals. Just wanted to throw that out there for those of you who think I walk into the store, shop without a plan and save tons of money. My savings are pre-meditated, for sure. And if you clip coupons from the weekend newspaper, whoa mama...your savings will go through the roof. But I digress...

Groceries freebies (or CHEAP) this week:

* Johnson's Soap Buddies at Walmart (they're usually $.97 there and the link gets you to a copon for $3 off 3 Johnson's products, so you can get 3 for free)

* Progresso Soup for $.33/each and South Beach bars for $.38 each at Target - click here for coupon links

* Coffee-Mate creamer (Target and Walmart both have this product on sale for $1.50 right now - FREE)

* Ocean Spray Juice at Target


* Rice Works rice chips - valid anywhere (PS - you can print the coupon several times, but only use it once per grocery trip)

Other freebies:

* Arizona residents can get a free Chipotle burrito, taco, salad or bowl on Saturday from 2-4pm if you wear red (thanks for this Rachael!)

* Get 6 free personalized photo cards for Valentine's day - details here.

Also, I strongly recommend shopping the "deals" at CVS and/or Walgreens. I get free stuff from there weekly. Batteries, cold medicine, hair color, you name it. And sometimes it will be a money-maker deal, where they (technically) pay me $$ to leave the store with the product. (hence the 3 tubes of toothpaste sitting in my closet) For instance, I just got 5 boxes of Soy Joy bars. Have I ever tried Soy Joy bars? No. But they were $6 per package with a $6 ECB (extra cash back) bonus for the first 5 boxes you purchase. So they're technically free. BUT I had two $3 off 10 Soy Joy bars (and the boxes counted) plus 2 $1 off coupons, so again, I spent $25 (in ECB, so it was free) but left the store with $30 in ECB. They paid me $7 to leave the store with those Soy Joy bars. That are healthy and probably taste just fine.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel and list everything on sale at all the stores...that's why I always point you in the direction of Money Saving Mom and The Good Deal Gal. You can see MSM's freebies list here and GDG's freebies here. If going to their sites and seeing ALL the deals is overwhelming, consider saving those links to your favorites and checking in with them every day or two.

Happy Savings!!!

1 comment:

  1. you are precious.........

    i'm leaving this post up and planning on reading it really well tomorrow.

    i'm about to fall over i'm so tired!

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!