Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Playing catch up

I'm going through my to-do list and have to take care of a few things in blogland.

First, THANK YOU to Maria for awarding me with the Creative Blogger award. What's better than meeting a new blog friend by receiving an award!?!? (Does that make me cheap...or did I just admit that my friendship can be bought with a cyber-award?) Anyway, thanks Maria...it made my day!!!

Second, I was tagged in photo tag by Niki. I'm supposed to go to my 4th picture file and post the 4th picture in the folder. SO here it is...my snuggly baby and my sweet husband at the Phoenix Children's Museum last week. I tag...everyone. Can I do that? Please leave me a comment if you choose to play along so I can see your post. Consider yourself tagged.



Last, I wanted to post about going to the Star of Wonder Christmas production at Phoenix First Assembly last night. We haven't been since the kids were born, and I was pleasantly surprised that they behaved so well. BUT - about 3 minutes before the show started, Kaylin asked to go potty and was blown off because she'd just gone a half hour before and we thought she just wanted attention because Ryan was in the bathroom.

So she peed. On my lap. And announced it loud enough for everyone within 3 rows to hear. "Mommy, I PEED." Yes, honey, I know. I felt the warmth on my legs immediately.

I didn't have a change of clothes for me or for her, so I put Mike's sweatshirt on my lap and put Kaylin on top. All was fine until they asked us to stand and join in singing Christmas carols. That's when I realized her pee had made it's way to MY backside and it looked like I wet MY pants. And it was nice and warm while I was seated. But after standing for 5 minutes, my jeans were freezing.

Then after a half hour or so, it began to smell. Badly. You know what stale pee smells like...it was worse than smelling flatulence because at least that smell goes AWAY, right? I was horrified. The smell permeated the aisles each time Kaylin hopped off my lap to dance when there were dancers on the stage.

Thankfully, Kaylin wanted to leave after seeing the live elephant on stage, so we left at intermission and missed the crowd of people seeing the ladies in our family walking around with pee on our pants. And smelling our odor, to boot.

And to top off the evening, she peed again in her carseat on the way home. Fa la la...such is life with a toddler.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my. Sounds like a great, um, time!
    We are going to that show this weekend. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that I made the sugar cookies with the recipe off of your blog and they were awesome!! I got tons of compliments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessiree, that is a night to remember. Now, let me get this straight - you guys don't get out much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh!!! I am NOT looking forward to potty-training! My friends told me that they'd rather go through labor without drugs than potty-train again...Just a little something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie... it's Ali from 2H20. I am tagging myself from your tag... I love reading your blog, thanks for blogging so much so I have something to read during the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was hysterical, It was like a video playing in my head when I read it. This is why I hate potty training with a passion.=]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...

    I think it is priceless that you sat there in her pee...and so did she! Dude...you are far more "merry" than I...I would have mumbled something bah-humbugish and made everyone leave.
    LOL

    Oh, and to top it off...I thought it was priceless that my word verification word was...

    "peexano"

    Not. even. kidding.

    The Maid

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!