Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween dry-run

It took an hour to get the kids dressed for our first Halloween party today. I'm so glad to have had a dry-run before the big day!!! FAMILY PHOTO TIP: I'm a huge proponent of dressing kids up several days before the "big day" to take the staged pictures. Whether it's Halloween, Christmas, their baby dedication outfit, whatever. That way, the day OF, you're not concerned with staying clean or being happy for pictures...you already have your first photo shoot to fall back on.




Kaylin was such a good sport this morning.


I "colored on" her face (which she allowed, but begged me to stop) to turn her into a bunny. Once she saw herself in the mirror, though, she was thrilled.



But the first ears were too big and kept falling off of her, so I had to dig into the Easter decorations to find her ears from last spring. (notice her tail!)


Our first "nose" didn't turn out right.


But the final transformation turned out great.


Then there's Ryan: put on costume, cut eye holes bigger so he can see, he's done. Boys are so easy.


Happy early Halloween everyone!!! (I know this looks weird...hay and a scare crow with a palm tree behind it. Just GO with it...)

3 comments:

  1. How cute are your kids?! Just gorgeous. I bet they'll have a great time in their beautiful costumes.

    You have a great blog, not sure how I stumbled over here though but I'm glad I did.

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I usually don't come up with a costume till the day before...poor Kiddo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny!! Of course, Spidey is "super" cute, too. Henry will also sport the ever popular Spiderman costume.

    So, does it get cold there? It looks like we may actually have to layer clothes a bit for Friday night. I really do not like cold Fall Festivals. I'll have to drink plenty of coffee to stay warm.

    -- Brandi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so keep 'em coming! Just be sure to be respectful. Discussions are welcome, but remember to be nice. Thanks!